Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Feminine Masculinity & 1993

It's no surprise that I can never make up my mind. I'm a Pisces after all, so it makes the feat nearly impossible. When I saw Astrid Anderson's Spring 2014 Menswear collection, I choked on my Pre-Halloween candy (yes, that's a thing). Sheer. Minimal. White. Satin. Velour. Athletic. My brain just couldn't handle it. Did I love it? Or did I hate it? I am still attempting to figure that one out.







The fact that these (primarily) feminine fabrics are being worn by muscular, strong jawed men makes me even more confused. Do I think these outfits are amazing? Yes. Would I want my boyfriend wearing them? Probably not.

I won't bother with any further attempts to clear up my confusion. Let's face it, if my boyfriend did wear these outfits, I'd be stealing from his closet 100% of the time. Is that the conclusion I've been looking for all along? Perhaps.
I'll pacify myself with a handful of Hot Cheetos and an episode of Boy Meets World from 1993 and everything will be right in the world.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment